A number of special events are held throughout the season. These may be hosted by Oakleigh or other centres and include:
- Throughout the season: carnivals/open days are fun days usually open to a region and certain age groups, U6-U8 or U9-U16 so watch the notice board.
- Invitational – a meeting that brings two or three clubs together for the day. As a club, we usually go to Waverley LAC for their Waverley/Oakleigh/Springvale invitational around late November / early December time.
- November - this is relay season:
- Kicks off at Mentone LAC with a relay competition in early November
- Southern Metro Region relays are held in mid-November
- State relay finals (for regional qualifiers) are held just before Christmas at Lakeside Stadium, the home of Little Athletics Victoria.
- December - Club Christmas party for our athletes and families.
- January / February - State Multi-event (paid entry) held on weekend around end of Jan / start of Feb. It is a different location each year.
- February - Region Track & Field competitions (paid entry).
- Oakleigh Little Athletics multi-event competition held for our own athletes only as a season wrap-up
- State track & field finals for regional qualifiers at Lakeside Stadium
- Oakleigh LAC AGM and presentation day
- April - Cross country season kicks off for the winter period.
Some of these events may incur an extra, nominal fee at registration although invitationals are usually free of charge.
We also run the following "compulsory" themed rounds throughout the season, as prescribed by LAVic: